来源:中国日报网 发布时间:2013-5-15 13:41:57
研究发现植物可通过地下真菌互相交流

$ U! |! i- P: \( @* U

4 K+ }6 T2 K! [6 J* E4 |

& n( d: r5 R1 q6 y7 e2 [

据外国媒体5月14日报道,英国一项新研究发现,植物能通过地下真菌网络发出预警信号,警告昆虫即将来袭。

m  i- J* n! X0 l; r

m, `' [: _  _! n

这项研究由英国阿伯丁大学、詹姆斯·赫顿研究所和洛桑研究所研究人员共同完成。研究发现,植物可通过真菌向与其网络相联的其他植物传递蚜虫入侵的警告信号,接收到信号的植物可发出化学信号,抵制蚜虫并且吸引蚜虫的天敌黄蜂。

$ L0 X7 ^5 O9 V, m
2 ~: V8 m. y$ N( R; l

此前的研究发现,植物能通过空气来传达类似的警告信息。新研究称,植物通过一种名叫“菌根”的真菌相互联系。“菌根真菌从植物那里获取‘光合作用的产物’,它们也必须为植物做点什么。”洛桑研究所的约翰·皮克特对英国广播公司(BBC)说。

o4 p  X/ Q$ T

; a  x: r$ d0 y" v9 W

“我们过去认为菌根从根系和土壤中吸收营养素,但现在我们看到了它们的另一个进化功能,即通过有效传递信号回报植物。”

, E! Q+ W; ]( t8 A2 Z* W4 t1 t. m8 J/ p8 i8 h. A

阿伯丁大学的大卫·约翰逊补充道:“以往我们对生态系统的认识中并没有考虑植物可通过这种方式互相联系。这对我们理解生物之间如何相互影响有着重大的启示意义。”

/ s1 ~; E2 S$ ^( U" a
" N/ w  Q7 f& ~! S1 H  Y

与此相反,未与真菌网络相连的植物在遭受攻击后没有发出警告信号。在研究过程中,这些植物还被套上了袋子,以确保它们不会通过空气传递信号。

+ m+ O. D) l) o9 ~$ q3 R- j

& w3 R+ g4 o6 G# d; ]7 j2 W

皮克特称,这个发现非常有益,如农场可以用真菌作为农作物的预警系统。理论上,可以在农作物附近种植一株植物“舍身取义”,它一旦受到昆虫攻击,就会迅速通过真菌网络警告其他农作物,让它们有时间组织防御。

1 l) [$ Q; }+ D

% b) b' u7 o; T# @, w: o# i/ I  ~
% k7 C; x" @4 m! t& @& U9 g
2 M1 `8 {9 Q9 F  n

Fungus network 'plays role in plant communication'Mycorrhizae are mutualistic - they both need and are needed by the plants whose roots they inhabit. H( q8 W" B& h. y
Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

; ^. v# M8 ]- ?

Plants can communicate the onset of an attack from aphids by making use of an underground network of fungi, researchers have found.

Instances of plant communication through the air have been documented, in which chemicals emitted by a damaged plant can be picked up by a neighbour.

But below ground, most land plants are connected by fungi called mycorrhizae.

The new study,1 O3 L$ v8 q* A% \1 ]( Q* j
published in Ecology Letters, is the first to demonstrate these fungi also aid in communication.

Researchers from the University of Aberdeen, the James Hutton Institute and Rothamsted Research, all in the UK, devised a clever experiment to isolate the effects of these thread-like networks of mycorrhizae.

The team concerned themselves with aphids, tiny insects that feed on and damage plants.

Many plants have a chemical armoury that they deploy when aphids attack, with chemicals that both repel the aphids and attract parasitic wasps that are aphids' natural predators.

The team grew sets of five broad bean plants, allowing three in each group to develop mycorrhizal networks, and preventing the networks' growth in the other two.

To prevent any through-the-air chemical communication, the plants were covered with bags.

As the researchers allowed single plants in the sets to be infested with aphids, they found that if the infested plant was connected to another by the mycorrhizae, the un-infested plant began to mount its chemical defence.

Some strains of wheat have been genetically modified specifically to resist the aphid threat
7 v, V0 c3 i5 x4 G' l

Those unconnected by the networks appeared not to receive the signal of attack, and showed no chemical response.

"Mycorrhizal fungi need to get [products of photosynthesis] from the plant, and they have to do something for the plant," explained John Pickett of Rothamsted Research.

"In the past, we thought of them making nutrients available from the [roots and soil], but now we see another evolutionary role for them in which they pay the plant back by transmitting the signal efficiently," he told BBC News.

Prof Pickett expressed his "abject surprise that it was just so powerful - just such a fantastic signalling system".

The finding could be put to use in many crops that suffer aphid damage, by arranging for a particular, "sacrificial" plant to be more susceptible to aphid infestation, so that when aphids threaten, the network can provide advance notice for the rest of the crop.

"Now we've got a chance in a really robust manner of switching on the defence when it is needed - not straining the plant to do it all the time - and to reduce the development of resistance (of the aphids to the plants' defences)," Prof Pickett said.

+ f+ L8 s; ?" v8 k7 s/ z" [. a  ^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22462855

. i) h! Q! L2 n8 k4 R4 {& o& [
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 2 + 10 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 2  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 07:18