go

Technique for rejuvenating stem cells [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2013-1-7 11:34 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
A new method of culturing stem cells transformed cardiac tissue in older cells that function as if they were much younger. If this revolutionary technique is successful in future clinical trials, could allow scientists to grow cardiac patches, from the patient’s own stem cells, for damaged or diseased hearts, regardless of patient age. Heart patches derived from the patient avoids the danger of rejection that is present in traditional transplants.0 m+ \+ g3 e; i2 H2 g/ ?8 |

3 ^# \( D. l% V  m& Q- K8 QThe stem cells therapies that utilize bone marrow mother cells originating in another person run the risk that the body of the patient rejection to a part of the cell population.
3 H8 K* L( \0 W- g: Y  N7 Q- a1 V& M! I# @
A method to avoid the risk of rejection has been to use cells obtained from the patient’s own body. But so far, clinical trials of this therapy where cells are used elderly patients have not provided a viable option, since elderly cells tend not to work as well that the cells of patients young.  
6 x/ W7 B1 t" d! J" ]  B, K* p7 M) T/ W% r; U0 i; w/ |
Milica Radisic, researcher at the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, affiliated with the University of Toronto in Canada, and his colleague Dr. Ren-Ke Li, an expert in cardiac regeneration and the same institute, have devised a solution to the problem described. His technique is based on creating the conditions for a reaction to occur within a tissue culture, comparable to some extent with the effect of a “Fountain of Youth”.
; b+ U. \% g, ?& `7 NIn their method, Li and Radisic first create a “microenvironment” that allows it to grow heart tissue. In this case, have used stem cells donated by elderly patients at Toronto General Hospital.
" p2 O0 {7 Y" h) c- p& c. j, p& ^# U! x8 {( w
Then, cell cultures are treated with a combination of growth factors (common factors that generate blood vessel growth and cell proliferation). The positioning and configuration within the porous scaffolding for cell growth are suitable for those cells can be properly stimulated by these factors. 0 X4 N6 f* a# }& V; k1 i' K

! Z6 d$ s& N% D( Y, }* A. }In experiments, Dr. Li and his team have monitored the molecular changes in the cell cultures, and have seen promising changes in certain parameters of aging. The levels of two molecules in particular, p16 and RGN, experienced changes that drove back the clock cells, returning them to a sturdy and healthy state.
/ ~0 r5 g: S: E5 Q$ h9 K% e( R4 b3 y; q' b- ~
Radisic and Li hope to continue making progress toward its goal of creating the most effective way in which cells can be rejuvenated elderly. This would develop good treatments to repair aneurysms and various damage caused by heart attacks.( I& u7 v: p& j5 m" u# ^: N2 q
已有 1 人评分包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10

总评分: 包包 + 10   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 18:24