干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站

搜索
干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站 干细胞之家论坛 细胞与微环境 新闻区 突破:诺丁汉大学首次建立“人工子宫”揭示胚胎发育奥秘 ...
朗日生物

免疫细胞治疗专区

欢迎关注干细胞微信公众号

查看: 20051|回复: 5
go

突破:诺丁汉大学首次建立“人工子宫”揭示胚胎发育奥秘(附原文) [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

论坛元老 精华勋章 金话筒 专家 优秀会员 优秀版主

楼主
发表于 2012-3-3 14:25 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 细胞海洋 于 2012-3-5 01:17 编辑   R, [7 C2 |4 o

# e" w0 g" ]* uKevin Shakeshe教授领导的组织工程团用软聚合物碗创造了一个新装置,用以模拟哺乳动物胚胎植入的子宫软组织。这一研究结果已经发表在《自然》杂志上的通讯。
- X7 u; L# h0 q# e5 [这个新的实验室培养法使科学家们从前所未有的角度观察到胚胎发育的关键方面, 第一次在母体外培养胚胎成为可能,做为小鼠模型,有足够长的时间去实时观察在的4至8天之间关键的阶段发育成长过程。- C% y' ?- B" R
在过去一个受精卵只可能体外培养4天了使它从一个单一细胞变为由64个干细胞团组成的囊胚,但是四天后要使囊胚存活的话必须植回母体子宫,科学家关于之后细胞水平上的知识到目前为止是有限,不得不依赖在不同胚胎发育阶段从子宫剥离胎儿研究。) g7 v# x. {& x1 ?- \% R* @
7 q3 P' X% X- X2 x5 a' j- f$ J0 \  V, o, b
Shakesheff教授说:“我们用独一无二的材料和技术能够前所未有的视角观察胚胎发育至关重要的阶段中这些令人难以置信的细胞行为,我们希望这项工作将进一步的揭示秘密可以促进医疗需要组织再生奥秘, 同时开辟更多的机会来提高试管受精。希望将来开发出更多的技术帮助生物学家了解人类的组织形成。”
& P2 b0 e) F; v8 q
Artificial 'Womb' Unlocks Secrets of Early Embryo Development  J: `/ r. z2 ]' E( ^6 z% w7 g" L
ScienceDaily (Mar. 2, 2012) — Pioneering work by a leading University of Nottingham scientist has helped reveal for the first time a vital process in the development of the early mammalian embryo.
- l1 r5 t2 z0 p/ J7 ?6 Z/ h2 i
2 t2 s) F4 M! S& J* U, [' O# D: f- A% W
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------1 ~! n2 A6 ]0 d3 d' I# P. v0 x

- a5 k5 l. T- M$ b+ p: \) \; q0 n) q  }; @
( J$ }( N& l4 \2 F3 C/ r
Digital rendering of an eight-cell embryo. (Credit: iStockphoto)
. N( w* I3 [+ l# @" eA team led by Professor of Tissue Engineering, Kevin Shakesheff, has created a new device in the form of a soft polymer bowl which mimics the soft tissue of the mammalian uterus in which the embryo implants. The research has been published in the journal Nature Communications.
; B! e. o4 `% x1 t! z7 k, ]6 P1 m- r& l9 T7 X3 k
This new laboratory culture method has allowed scientists to see critical aspects of embryonic development that have never been seen in this way before. For the first time it has been possible to grow embryos outside the body of the mother, using a mouse model, for just long enough to observe in real time processes of growth during a crucial stage between the fourth and eighth days of development.
* O: Q0 @: n; c# W( i
* l) E- X  t7 |% x! y5 k9 lProfessor Shakesheff said: "Using our unique materials and techniques we have been able to give our research colleagues a previously unseen view of the incredible behaviour of cells at this vital stage of an embryo's development. We hope this work will unlock further secrets which could improve medical treatments that require tissues to regenerate and also open up more opportunities to improve IVF. In the future we hope to develop more technologies which will allow developmental biologists to understand how our tissue forms."
) T1 ?  Y( W3 j8 I3 Z0 a: }3 C  x/ }: W) D
In the past it has only been possible to culture a fertilised egg for four days as it grows from a single cell into a blastocyst, a ball of 64 cells comprising stem cells which will form the body, and extra-embryonic cells which form the placenta and control stem cell development as the embryo develops. But scientists' knowledge of events at a cellular level after four days, when, to survive, the blastocyst has to implant into the mother's womb, has up to now been limited. Scientists have had to rely on snap shots taken from embryos removed from the living uterus at different stages of development.* z1 o% y2 R7 k. R+ R' M; h  W9 U

, A7 t4 @: x6 s6 lNow, thanks to The University of Nottingham team's newly developed culture environment, scientists at Cambridge University have been able to observe and record new aspects of the development of the embryo after four days. Most importantly they have been able to see at first hand the process which is the first step in the formation of the head, involving pioneer cells moving a large distance (for a cell) within the embryo. They have observed clusters of extra-embryonic cells which signal where the head of the embryo should form. To track these cells in mouse embryos they have used a gene expressed only in this 'head' signalling region marked by a protein which glows.
& h' m- t( {; }% S* o5 _4 O9 @- o
  H, I6 ^  J: F* wIn this way they have been able to work out that these cells come from one or two cells at the blastocyst stage whose progeny ultimately cluster together in a specific part of the embryo, before collectively migrating to the position at which they signal head development. The cells that lead this migration appear to have an important role in leading the rest and acting as pioneers.5 u; A. W) G$ C7 V# e# u
) t5 u3 ~- S/ w
This new breakthrough is part of a major research effort at Nottingham to learn how the development of the embryo can teach us how to repair the adult body. The work is led by Professor Kevin Shakesheff with funding from European Research Council.% D4 k; n2 ~0 F
9 `0 Y% m" R  t- w) G+ a
Professor Shakesheff added: "Everyone reading this article grew themselves from a single cell. With weeks of the embryo forming all of the major tissues and organs are formed and starting to function. If we could harness this remarkable ability of the human body to self-form then we could design new medical treatments that cure diseases that are currently untreatable. For example, diseases and defects of the heart could be reversed if we could recreate the process by which cardiac muscle forms and gets wired into the blood and nervous system."
0 O, J, a- A8 ^# U( U" K9 N$ ^7 {2 k! w' m* U1 e# ^
Professor Shakesheff's work was carried out in collaboration with scientists led by Professor Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz at the Gurdon Institute, Cambridge University.
& \0 Q6 |, `5 D  Y1 T% Z. I
- V8 S' @, B' b$ }( E, {--------------------------------------------------------------------------------! B8 [( V' f* \4 I+ d. g, z" N

: F1 d5 C. J1 C) n9 OStory Source:" N& z: z3 m; [
! T0 r9 f+ U( G4 J7 x) D
The above story is reprinted from materials provided by University of Nottingham, via AlphaGalileo.
* u7 q$ y3 Q2 _' z! ?/ t2 ]4 i7 _! r6 ]0 P# b5 ^
Note: Materials may be edited for content and length. For further information, please contact the source cited above.+ C, G9 A1 [0 I* _  _$ p1 ]

' V& J( ?5 Z2 w: s% n4 O. z& ~5 r2 K' o) Q& Q) `: l
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 a  \# @' n9 T2 S, M& f. v& x: t. h/ e5 h- g$ ?. v: l4 a
Journal Reference:# G" ]" a4 m) S+ c- L* I* B4 Z7 v
6 U( V; }' |1 ~9 X2 B
1.Samantha A. Morris, Seema Grewal, Florencia Barrios, Sameer N. Patankar, Bernhard Strauss, Lee Buttery, Morgan Alexander, Kevin M. Shakesheff, Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz. Dynamics of anterior–posterior axis formation in the developing mouse embryo. Nature Communications, 2012; 3: 673 DOI: 10.1038/ncomms1671
* v3 w- W1 T% {0 r  \8 `$ q. j6 L: {) f1 K3 h7 {3 [- ~
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120302101543.htm
- u  }3 x+ m0 V; w! Z+ u8 O9 O3 w( O. _: J/ B
8 D& g, ?$ e7 c1 q8 W
2楼原文 感谢hualin840518 提供
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 10 + 30 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 10  包包 + 30   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包

金话筒 帅哥研究员 优秀版主