积分
威望
包包

精华勋章 金话筒 优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2011-5-29 22:15 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Voice from last issue:5 o! {; B! e. \9 x8 t1 i& q
  k% I/ p9 E9 P2 u; S
"So it's not about quantity of misregulated genes in (induced) vs. (embryonic) cells but really quality of the level of effects on genes that have been observed."--Joseph Ecker of the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.( }- C* g% r* K1 o# x

% R5 l( K" h. G5 p3 P9 I  v% |"Our ultimate goal is to make off-the-shelf mature kidney cells that patients can use for drug testing and disease modelling."--Associate Professor Sharon Ricardo at Monash University's Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories.; N7 t* @% r6 C

3 \6 \  e" J" s+ \“If you’re able to take the white cells from someone and manipulate them so they’re no longer infected, or infectable, no longer infectable by HIV, and those white cells become the whole immune system of that individual, you’ve got essentially a functional cure.”--UCSF’s Dr. Jay Levy.
( F! |1 P: }; F$ D; X+ _2 ~, r% u+ D* o* r8 b
“There are encouraging data from laboratory and clinical studies to suggest that the use of adult stem cells is a very promising field, but as our comprehensive review of the current scientific literature shows, the data available today do not substantiate the marketing claims being made to patients seeking aesthetic surgery and aesthetic medical treatments.”--J. Peter Rubin M.D., of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
' E" p3 Q3 e) x  t0 T
5 o4 Z. W- v/ V# ?* H8 |) I“Establishing a graduate program in stem cell biology is really kind of a big deal...We want to make this the best program in the world. Along with that, we want to make sure that our classes are the best, our students are the best and our faculty do the best they can in teaching them.”--Renee Reijo Pera, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Stanford University.
/ ^1 X: u! }& o3 G$ ?
/ j9 ]2 e2 ~( r/ A! Q9 W"Historically, GMPs have been used to establish quality standards for the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and medicinal products to ensure drugs and vaccines have consistent quality. Current GMP guidelines are based on the standards that pharmaceutical and healthcare manufacturers have been using for decades. But, with the emergence of stem cell research, new questions have been raised about how to best maintain that quality."--Deric A. Haddad, CEO of HWI Global.
7 x+ \( d: i, P9 ~8 [1 f$ F  E& f( I% J% {
“In reprogramming a somatic nucleus into a stem cell, you need de‐methylated genes but you must not disturb the imprinting.” --Cesare Galli from the Laboratory of Reproductive Technologies in Cremona, Italy, and EuroSTELLS project leader.
' R  Q( o# E. \+ p* u; A
4 `+ a+ u- s! t6 ^- o“For the clinic, products from stem cell lines may need to be treated as a combination of a transplant and pharmaceutical product. The timescale from discovery to the clinic of a typical biological medicine can be 25 years. It could be at least 20 years before the use of differentiated human embryonic cells are part of routine clinical procedures.”--Glyn Stacey from the UK Stem Cell Banks.. O; ^9 X2 V2 y7 T# F! W8 H2 i
! D) ^& x$ w$ m2 h4 A) N6 i4 o
“Michigan needs to decide whether it wants to compete in the life sciences or not. If it doesn’t, fine. U-M will do the best it can without any help from the Legislature. You don’t compete by looking for ways to put stem cell biologists in jail.”--Sean Morrison.
$ |# d" f5 J- ]$ G1 ^
5 E+ V: k5 a! U" C. N  F3 B9 h7 v* K; ~3 d$ G
This issue:
3 u7 A: ]' q0 s% a! I& ~+ x0 v. P! @( ^
本期附件如此之大,因为TERMIS欧洲年会就占了40多张彩页,下载时要耐心了
' k( Z9 s8 {% Z/ h, [7 l) \+ J) Z: p# D

e- N/ A& B* L2 nVideo news:
: v% z1 S9 z, Q+ T+ XCombined stem cell-gene therapy may be influenced by editing scrambled genes
0 B; E" G! n( O1 M2 j6 f# Bhttp://www.healthjockey.com/2011 ... ng-scrambled-genes/3 z" }$ D5 v$ ^# Y: m

% N+ ]" ]2 Y6 ?& PPlastic surgeons using stem cell therapy5 a+ O+ T3 h/ g8 E$ c- [% @0 C) c
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=158490
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 30 + 50 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 30  包包 + 50   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 06:59