积分
威望
包包

精华勋章 金话筒 优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2011-5-23 21:56 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
Voice from last issue:' G' _; k# g0 `2 t+ Z
" I4 C. b# [+ _  w
"By using patient-derived cardiomyocytes, or heart cells, to isolate a disease process outside of the body, we are able to gain information about how that gene affects the heart, and how it may respond to treatments and therapies, without having to greatly impact the affected patient. We can mimic the disease process in vitro, reproduce and observe the cells, and also test them with different medications to see how they will actually respond in the heart."--Drs. Craig January, professors of medicine at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health.
7 W: C% y$ p- C3 |9 b1 ]# I& [* x7 w2 s3 m1 j" z( {! v6 b
“Due to a new development in German law, stem cell therapy is currently not possible to perform at the XCell-Center. Regretfully for this reason, we must cancel your appointment until further notice.”--Europe’s largest stem cell clinic, XCell-Center in Dusseldorf.- h4 ?$ c0 E8 i: k0 M/ c
4 I% A. R8 s% d7 t, T0 B* w
"This is excellent news for the European cell therapy industry. XCell had failed to demonstrate its treatments were either safe and effective or had scientific rationale."--Professor Chris Mason, chair of regenerative medicine at University College London.  W) G0 y. C! q. M! [

N+ ^1 N3 w# O) Y0 t# v“There are encouraging data from laboratory and clinical studies to suggest that the use of adult stem cells is a very promising field, but as our comprehensive review of the current scientific literature shows, the data available today do not substantiate the marketing claims being made to patients seeking aesthetic surgery and aesthetic medical treatments.”--J. Peter Rubin, MD, of the University of Pittsburgh.
8 I& G- Z0 `: r% S9 c! U/ z8 V0 [7 p" s' k
"When each human hair follicle wants to regenerate, it can only count on itself; it's not getting help from other follicles. But when a rabbit hair follicle regenerates, it can count on two inputs: its own activation, and the activation signal from its neighbors. Rabbits have a very active hair growth, and that is essential for their survival in the wild."--Cheng-Ming Chuong, professor of pathology at the Keck School." O/ N" q/ {: R2 A- w
7 J: |1 u# o# }0 j: g) N8 _, f
“Kajstura et al report no evidence that the observed respiratory units integrate sufficiently with the host vasculature or airways to support perfusion or ventilation. There are reasons to anticipate such connections will develop, but can these stem cells efficiently assemble into a permanent, fully functional unit?”--Harold Chapman, M.D., of the division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (USCF) School of Medicine.
0 [. G; O# R9 e, b
+ b4 H) L6 r# Y8 ~* g: ]. _6 U“As with any new technology, there is always this initial phase of infatuation, and then the reality sets in. I think it goes to the heart of the issue of how ignorant we really are in understanding these cells.”--Dr. George Q. Daley, director of the stem cell transplantation program at Children’s Hospital Boston.9 g3 _$ b! Q+ q4 w. U8 t

/ \; X, {* h! |1 Y"In the context of human therapy, we can't assume that these iPS cells will be immuno-tolerated...It's important to continue pursuing treatments based on human embryonic stem cells as these have so far proved to be the most reliable and versatile for regenerating new cells and tissue."--Yang Xu at the University of California in San Diego.7 X( M- Z# L3 P: J5 K+ C2 g; ]

/ X, S5 P0 |. C"I really hope that I can help patients -- that is my only hope. However, this technology is very young, less than five years old. We have not been able to help any patients with this technology yet."--Shinya Yamanaka.
+ c6 A8 v" `: c: Z5 z2 b
3 t4 Q" r2 D6 a0 i6 Q! @- v( Y  [) T8 i( X
This issue:" Y6 N, O* y/ K: A
. o+ a! k2 l) ~/ ~8 P* k% V  k
) M/ Z& G. \; `; F
# v; b* `( {( f" ]0 R' o" G
Video news:! G, w) U6 {+ I. C! }
Apparent Immunity Gene ‘Cures’ Bay Area Man Of AIDS0 t) B, t3 i; o9 G7 |/ h; V
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com ... y-area-man-of-aids/
$ C% A; n1 `( w# ~8 ~/ D& q7 U* ~7 R, j, `
Using Stem Cells To Fight Diabetes
4 ~, ^1 L  r; g- F( P) m( k2 Ohttp://www.nbcwashington.com/new ... nal_-122149029.html
3 M8 R5 a7 n8 V: @) n
" e" B, S9 R7 J, o: N1 Q# _9 XRisking it all On Stem Cells
$ _3 v* q& g  V. V: w8 o& Fhttp://www.redorbit.com/news/vid ... n_stem_cells/32813/- ]' I- n, x) M

2 d) t& @- {+ \9 D- U1 \Sci-Tech: Stem cells and diabetes
! P! l0 A9 a1 ^- Fhttp://www.necn.com/searchNECN/s ... ls-and-diabetes.htm
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 30 + 50 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 30  包包 + 50   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 23:07