查看: 337084|回复: 252
go

Global Gene Expression Profile of Human Cord BloodCDerived CD133 Cells [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包
楼主
发表于 2009-3-5 00:09 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
作者:Taina Jaatinena, Heidi Hemmorantaa, Sampsa Hautaniemic, Jari Niemid, Daniel Nicoricid, Jarmo Lainea, Olli Yli-Harjad, Jukka Partanena,b 6 g& l0 k) _6 R, d
                  / L& n& F% s  Z) u4 S' X
                  7 H- K" W& d  o5 b; D- W, y
          # k( J2 e  p5 L& {) w$ P/ }6 w
                         6 V& _- N5 @& H- U0 D
            2 Q! i0 U1 Y1 C9 ]& _$ `
            ) \9 F4 o. G7 }" `

9 T% i$ D3 w& f- F            
" z. X+ x- \# J                     
! K* I. J+ I$ ]* F, E5 ^5 M9 m        
+ }) O% L) U( p! p0 s0 A        
3 Y$ J. h! h/ r4 c( D        
* O" ^5 Y( [1 v" g. j          【摘要】
: v% D# q$ n1 J9 G. @      Human cord blood (CB)¨Cderived CD133  cells carry characteristics of primitive hematopoietic cells and proffer an alternative for CD34  cells in hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) transplantation. To characterize the CD133  cell population on a genetic level, a global expression analysis of CD133  cells was performed using oligonucleotide microarrays. CD133  cells were purified from four fresh CB units by immunomagnetic selection. All four CD133  samples showed significant similarity in their gene expression pattern, whereas they differed clearly from the CD133  control samples. In all, 690 transcripts were differentially expressed between CD133  and CD133  cells. Of these, 393 were increased and 297 were decreased in CD133  cells. The highest overexpression was noted in genes associated with metabolism, cellular physiological processes, cell communication, and development. A set of 257 transcripts expressed solely in the CD133  cell population was identified. Colony-forming unit (CFU) assay was used to detect the clonal progeny of precursors present in the studied cell populations. The results demonstrate that CD133  cells express primitive markers and possess clonogenic progenitor capacity. This study provides a gene expression profile for human CD133  cells. It presents a set of genes that may be used to unravel the properties of the CD133  cell population, assumed to be highly enriched in HSCs.
& J7 \1 E! B2 e+ x          【关键词】 Human cord blood Hematopoietic stem cells Microarray4 E# p- R* P1 i- I9 a" m" e
                  INTRODUCTION
6 h0 _0 [- L9 y9 _$ G/ H  _6 e2 ^: s  z8 |
Hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), possessing self-renewing and differentiation potential, are required for the lifelong sustenance of a functional blood system. Stem cell transplantation is an established procedure in the treatment of hematological malignancies. Recently, stem cell transplantation has been used as a therapy for many nonhematological disorders, including immunodeficiency syndromes, inborn errors of metabolism, and autoimmune diseases . To increase the number of cells used in transplantation and to promote ex vivo expansion of HSCs, a greater understanding of profitable cell populations is required.
6 ]# N. P6 k( }+ W/ `: z% \% U8 a2 t
5 y; j6 ?& a* d1 d! n6 ]8 lHuman cord blood (CB) is an excellent source of HSCs. Rapidly available CB unit serves as an alternative for patients without potential bone marrow (BM) donor. Lower risk of graft-versus-host disease and cytomegalovirus infection is associated with CB transplantation. The comparison of the gene expression profiles of HSCs from peripheral blood (PB), BM, and CB suggests that CB-derived HSCs also have the potential to differentiate into cells of nonhematopoietic lineages .
: J( [& Y* ~( i
5 d+ r# {; y: o& S) rThe CD34 antigen has been the most widely used marker for HSC enrichment. Although the reconstruction of the adaptive immune system has been demonstrated with human CB-derived CD34  progenitor cells in mice .+ A/ [; z5 A# ]" v

9 a+ z8 Q% X" ?. Y+ v5 hThe CD133 molecule has been found on the surface of HSCs, neuronal stem cells, and embryonic stem cells (ESCs). Moreover, the expression of CD133 is related to several solid organ malignancies, including lung and brain cancers .
& Z$ y' D0 A' P5 v! r0 q, r* a8 e9 }/ h/ F
The aim of this study was to characterize CB-derived CD133  cells on a genomic level and to provide a global gene expression profile of CD133  cells. The clonogenic progenitor capacity of CD133  cells was demonstrated, showing that they are highly noncommitted and hold the potential to differentiate into all cell types of the hematopoietic system. The expression analysis presented in this study focuses on transcripts that are associated with hematopoiesis and the cell cycle. The gene expression data bank of CD133  cells may be used to study the pathogenesis of hematological diseases deriving from HSCs.  ~- l" [' m5 I0 ~7 c9 d
! l8 z) x6 `( u0 H6 Y' l* G
MATERIALS AND METHODS! {  q$ V& M) _2 v0 w
# z# S; w3 }* N- D4 k  L: N
Cells  |* V3 I  ]# O1 Q( d

' Z8 `" b$ q7 k. M% Y" VUmbilical CB was obtained from Helsinki Maternity Hospital and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland. All donors gave informed consent, and the study protocol was accepted by the ethical review board of the Helsinki University Central Hospital and Finnish Red Cross Blood Service. CB was collected in sterile collection bags (Cord Blood Collection system; Medsep Corporation, Covina, CA, http://www.medsep.com) containing citrate phosphate dextrose solution and was processed within 4¨C20 hours. All CB units tested negative for HIV, hepatitis C virus, hepatitis B virus, human T-cell lymphotropic virus, and syphilis. Mononuclear cells (MNCs) were isolated by Ficoll-Hypaque density gradient (Amersham Biociences, Piscataway, NJ, http://www.amersham.com). CD133  cells were enriched through positive immunomagnetic selection using CD133 Cell Isolation Kit and magnetic cell sorting (MACS) affinity columns (Miltenyi Biotec GmbH, Bergisch Gladbach, Germany, http://www.miltenyibiotec.com). CD133  cells were subjected to two rounds of separation. CD133¨C cells from the same CB unit were collected for control purposes. Microarray analysis was performed using four separate CB units. In addition, six CB units were processed for quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) analysis.
2 p( g  r2 _/ U8 k1 M7 z
# {' ]0 ~0 t3 g# R* b2 vFlow Cytometry* [$ S  S; \4 J, Y. P. H% b
) [  j& M9 D  p% x0 a
Immunomagnetically selected cells were labeled with phycoerythrin (PE)¨C and fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)¨Cconjugated monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) to evaluate the purity of cell fractions. Labeling was carried out using CD133/2-PE (clone 293C3; Miltenyi Biotec) and CD45-FITC (clone 2D1; Becton, Dickinson and Company, Franklin Lakes, NJ, http://www.bd.com) in 50 µl of phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) at room temperature for 20 minutes. Isotype-identical mAbs IgG2b-PE and IgG1-FITC (Becton, Dickinson and Company) served as controls. Flow cytometry analysis was performed on FACSCalibur (Becton, Dickinson and Company) with a 488-nm blue argon laser. Fluorescence was measured using 530/30-nm (FITC) and 585/42-nm (PE) bandpass filters. Data were analyzed using the CellQuest software (BD Biosciences, San Jose, CA, http://www.bdbiosciences.com) and Windows Multiple Document Interface for Flow Cytometry, WinMDI version 2.8 (http://facs.scripps.edu/software.html).* C9 w) ~& P" B$ ~) L; c* g

. t  G9 L( Q" T  M+ ^+ wColony-Forming Unit Assay* X5 l% O! W1 L" U; [6 M( ^8 H
: d" s& ^$ w& w8 u* w: ]
Colony-forming unit (CFU) assay was performed using meth-ylcellulose, MethoCult GF H4434 with recombinant cytokines, and erythropoietin (StemCell Technologies, Vancouver, BC, Canada, http://www.stemcell.com). A total of 2 x 103 CD133¨C cells, 1 x 105 CD133¨C cells, or 1 x 105 MNCs were plated in duplicate and cultured for 14 days at 37¡ãC with 5% carbon dioxide in a humidified atmosphere. Colonies were counted according to their morphological characteristics.
- F/ `( k7 X+ o9 e7 k0 e5 V  I, f/ a
RNA Isolation
1 v' G' p5 k9 l5 z! O, i( \6 {4 @3 W  h  o- a* G5 j
Total RNA from up to 2 x 107 pelleted cells was purified with RNeasy Mini Kit (Qiagen GmbH, Hilden, Germany, http://www1.qiagen.com) according to the manufacturer¡¯s instructions. Yield and quality of the RNA were measured by spectro-photometric analysis. Each sample was assessed for the integrity of RNA by discrimination of 18S and 28S ribosomal RNA on 1% agarose using ethidium bromide for visualization.
7 j9 h0 A5 Y0 \: n0 @) A( ^; I
, G$ J0 K4 c$ ~Microarray Analysis
% u/ z" t; s8 e' {9 h3 [+ T) j* J. r5 j
Total RNA from each sample was used to prepare biotinylated target RNA, with minor modifications from the manufacturer¡¯s recommendations (http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/manual/expression_manual.affx). In brief, first-strand cDNA was generated from 100 ng of total RNA using a T7-linked oligo(dT) primer. After the first cDNA synthesis cycle, in vitro transcription was performed with unlabeled ribonucleotides. A second round of cDNA synthesis was then performed followed by in vitro transcription with biotinylated UTP and CTP (Enzo Biochem, Inc., Farmingdale, NY, http://www.enzo.com). Cleanup of double-stranded cDNA was performed using Pellet Paint Co-Precipitant (Novagen, Madison, WI, http://www.emdbiosciences.com/html/NVG/home.html) instead of Glycogen. Standard Affymetrix hybridization cocktail was added to 15 µg fragmented cRNA. After overnight hybridization using Affymetrix GeneChip Instrument System (Affymetrix, Santa Clara, CA, http://www.affymetrix.com), arrays were washed, stained with streptavidin-phycoerythrin, and scanned on an Affymetrix GeneChip Scanner 3000. All experiments were performed using Affymetrix Human Genome U133 Plus 2.0 oligonucleotide arrays (http://www.affymetrix.com/products/arrays/specific/hgu133plus.affx). The replicate results of hybridization data for CD133  and CD133¨C cells were obtained from four individual CB units. Sample labeling and hybridization were carried out at the Finnish DNA Microarray Centre at Turku Centre for Biotechnology, Turku, Finland./ O: z. n3 @2 E% f' d
8 a) E- j- ~! \8 ^$ ?4 [* S0 L
Statistical Analysis+ r, B% M  k) E4 Q2 S1 i

7 n; O* ~7 m4 q6 s) vPearson correlation coefficient (m = 8, n = 54,612) was calculated for each sample pair using original signals values obtained from Operating Software detection algorithm. Pearson correlation was also calculated for fold-change values of microarray and qRT-PCR. The Pearson correlation coefficient, rik, between ith and kth samples, that is {y1i, y2i, . . . , yni} and {y1k, y2k, . . . , ynk}, respectively, is defined by
& {4 a/ Q' s' m* G" ]" l
3 I5 M2 s6 y) |- |* g3 g* U& rin which8 |9 ~  i3 M& H, q+ k  \" d1 B3 Y
+ J# H/ ~/ y) I- W
are the mean and SD of the kth sample, respectively./ |8 D( O' z- y6 f8 \$ t4 r8 L# g) P. p
: M) N5 y5 }+ P  F/ t
Preprocessing and Filtering of Microarray Data
; d" s# ]4 K" s0 ]- r! }4 u7 X
0 t, Y- a8 F, h* \2 i* RThe Affymetrix GeneChip Operating Software detection algorithm was used to determine the presence or absence of expression for each transcript. A transcript with either the detection call present or marginal was considered expressed. The complete gene expression data are available at http://qp01.novogroup.com/vpu. GeneChip Operating Software change algorithm was used to compare the CD133  data against the CD133¨C data to detect and quantify changes in gene expression. The transcripts assigned with change call increased, decreased, marginally increased, or marginally decreased were considered differentially expressed. The direction of change (increased or decreased) was to be the same in all CD133  samples, and the fold-change cutoff value was set to 3.
; n) z4 y: z9 v/ u( f- }4 R/ U: u. T; @
Clustering and Annotation: L. f% ]8 Z: r7 O+ t% l6 I
1 z1 X& ]) E4 W8 M- i# |8 `+ `
To identify and visualize the differences between the CD133  and CD133¨C samples, two clustering algorithms, hierarchical clustering and self-organizing map (SOM) with the component plane representation, were applied . Affymetrix GO Ontology Mining tool was employed to obtain molecular functions, biological processes, and cellular components for the transcripts in the clusters. The statistically significant hits were defined by 2 test and the associated p value with the significance level at 5% (p
+ W6 {9 L; A0 A: I6 {0 G0 p/ ]4 [* a2 H' w- j0 y6 |2 {- e
Gene Prioritization
; X. X) ~, o/ r5 `% Y% Q
$ m$ u# {9 [8 N4 ?6 xTo order the genes according to their discriminatory power, a stepwise gene selection algorithm was used :1 R$ o& p3 F# [5 `+ e( B

% |1 b/ X+ m. {If a gene has a large magnitude weight, then the gene is strongly differentially expressed between CD133  and CD133¨C samples, and variation in CD133  and CD133¨C is low.3 b( B' P, p% S/ I
8 @3 A3 N" F- w& A: P4 ^
Quantitative qRT-PCR Analysis
  ?9 U* V6 J. f5 a& e* m5 l' B8 W4 A. P$ V
To confirm the information obtained from the microarray data, 10 genes (CD133, CD34, KIT, SPINK2, NOTCH1, SOX4, TIE, CD2, CD14, and CD45) were subjected to qRT-PCR analysis using pools with three samples in each. Analysis was performed on two biological replicates. Total RNA was DNase-treated with DNA-free Kit (Ambion, Inc., Austin, TX, http://www.ambion.com), and reverse transcription was performed using High-Capacity cDNA Archive Kit with RNase Inhibitor Mix (Applied BioSystems, Foster City, CA, http://www.appliedbiosystems.com) in a final volume of 100 µl. Thermal cycling conditions for reverse transcription were 25¡ãC for 10 minutes and 37¡ã for 120 minutes on GeneAmp PCR System 9700 (Applied BioSystems).
3 z7 ?5 z7 A4 e! w1 e6 K! G* d5 s5 g4 y; x
For PCR, the template was added to PCR mix consisting of 12.5 µl TaqMan Universal PCR Master Mix containing Uracil N-glycosylase for PCR carry-over prevention, 1.25 µl of TaqMan Gene Expression Assays probe (Hs00156373_m1, Hs00195682_m1, Hs00174029_m1, Hs00221653_m1, Hs00413187_ m1, Hs00268388_s1, Hs00178500_m1, Hs01040181_m1, Hs0069122_g1, Hs00365634_g1, Hs99999905_m1; Applied Biosystems), and diethyl pyrocarbonate¨Ctreated water (Ambion, Inc.). Samples were assayed in triplicate in a total volume of 25 µl. The qRT-PCR thermal cycling conditions were as follows: an initial step at 50¡ãC for 2 minutes for Uracil N-glycosylase activation; 95¡ãC for 10 minutes; and 40 cycles of 15 seconds at 95¡ãC and 1 minute at 60¡ãC.6 o2 V' D% `& G. t* X; z

4 O% B( p  e6 M1 A! yA standard curve for serial dilutions of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) template was similarly constructed. GAPDH was chosen as the internal control because its expression levels had no variance between the samples in the microarray analysis. Changes in fluorescence were monitored using the ABI PRISM 7000 Sequence Detection System (Applied BioSystems), and raw data were analyzed by Sequence Detection System 1.1 Software (Applied BioSystems). The relative standard curve method was used to balance the variation in the amount of cDNA and to compensate for different levels of inhibition during reverse transcription and PCR.1 X: T: O! [* K) n. x

, c* l' z7 Y& k! E" T0 L4 iRESULTS2 m0 ^- o0 H" |$ [" O

/ M" i- A" p: uQuality Assessment
  c7 N  d+ S5 q$ H7 a7 S
  n. X: ?( ?) z4 h+ nTo ensure validity of the samples and preprocessed microarray data, several methods were used for quality assessment. The purity of positively selected CD133  cells was more than 90% by flow cytometry, and the CD133¨C cell population was nearly 100% pure (Fig. 1). Generally, 105¨C106 CD133  cells were recovered from a CB unit and the viability of selected cells was at least 99%. The integrity of total RNA was confirmed by spectrophotometry and agarose gel electrophoresis.3 w5 P' v$ A9 Z8 D! e) k

' I4 e5 s  s  E$ U0 i0 x8 Y8 `3 @Figure 1. Purity assessment of CD133  and CD133¨C cell fractions by flow cytometry. CD133  and CD133¨C cell populations were defined by first gating on forward and side scatter properties, excluding platelets and debris. Subsequent gates were set to exclude >99% of control cells labeled with isotype-specific antibody. Percentages indicating the purity of isolated cell fractions are shown for both plots. Abbreviations: PE, phycoerythrin; SSC, side scatter.' |9 H+ d0 w* P+ ~6 B
* m3 u  S0 S- [: L8 l; O. Z
To ensure the uniformity and comparability of the biological replicates, their pair-wise relationships were defined by Pearson correlation coefficients. The Pearson correlation coefficients were calculated for all the data points, excluding Affymetrix control samples, thus 54,609 transcripts per array were compared. The consistency in all cases was high, but the correlation within CD133  samples was stronger than the correlation between CD133  and CD133¨C samples. The correlation coefficients between CD133  replicates had a mean of 0.98 (range, 0.95¨C1.00). The correlation coefficients indicated significant similarity of the CD133  samples. The correlation coefficients between CD133  and CD133¨C samples reached an average of 0.78. In hierarchical clustering, the CD133  and CD133¨C samples clustered at the opposite ends of the dendrogram. These results demonstrate that the CD133  cells are much more similar to one another than to the CD133¨C cells from the same individual.
- ]3 A  a) O# j  @: S3 }9 n2 K) [- B, h- k: y
The microarray result for 10 selected genes was confirmed by qRT-PCR analysis. The average fold change was calculated for each gene and compared with the result from microarray analysis (supplemental online Table 1). The results correlated strongly (Pearson correlation coefficient, 0.95).( W/ \% k7 y6 y

- P: y1 O2 @% D2 ]4 }0 _The Expression Profile of CD133  Cells5 h  s* a0 t# ?: B1 ~( x

" X& t/ u  T7 e5 tThe comparison of CD133  and CD133¨C data sets resulted in 690 transcripts that were differentially expressed at least three- fold (supplemental online Table 2). In CD133  cells, 393 of the transcripts were upregulated and 297 were downregulated. Annotation was found for 227 (58%) overexpressed transcripts, which encode molecules involved in biological processes ranging from metabolism to development (Fig. 2). A functional role was found for 221 (74%) of the underexpressed transcripts, the protein products of which participate in cell communication, immune response, organogenesis, apoptosis, and chemotaxis (Fig. 2).
5 v6 \% V- J/ r2 z4 m$ m
5 R4 g5 o0 ^7 b4 n2 IFigure 2. Biological processes represented by the differentially expressed genes in CD133  cells.
, e, j: R( x3 R" q4 k8 e0 q* {  X( r6 C
Two different clustering methods were applied to the set of 690 transcripts passing the initial screening filter. Hierarchical cluster analysis showed moderate variation in expression within a transcript between replicates. The expression of genes encoding CD133, CD34, and other transmembrane proteins, such as FLT3, LAPTM4B, EBPL, and CRIM1, had minor variance in all four CD133  samples. Other very similarly expressed transcripts were ANKRD28, several members of the HOX gene family, and transcripts encoding hypothetical proteins. Moreover, DKC1, BAALC, and JUP had minimal variation within CD133  replicates. In contrast, slightly more variation was observed in the expression of KIT, a known stem cell marker.: {4 K: x4 j* n0 I, }8 E" H1 w2 C

5 j5 R6 A, Z9 k8 O. x1 A' b; ]+ [The SOM was constructed using mean values of 690 differentially expressed genes between the CD133  and CD133¨C samples (Fig. 3). The mean value was used to determine the similar expression behavior common to all CD133  samples. The SOM revealed four prominent clusters of genes distinguishing CD133  and CD133¨C cell populations. The clusters are illustrated by the U-matrix.
* c; U2 m5 |$ o+ a; B/ q
' N4 a- U' M8 R4 dFigure 3. Classification of CD133  and CD133¨C samples by mean self-organizing map (SOM) analysis. (A): The four clusters determined by unified matrix (U-matrix). (B): Mean SOM component planes for CD133  and CD133¨C samples.1 K; y& {* U6 t$ a9 q3 K0 S
4 G% M- E+ t, C6 S) E
SOM clusters 1 and 2 represented upregulated genes, and clusters 3 and 4 comprised downregulated genes. In cluster 1, the association to a biological process was attained for 88 (57%) of the transcripts. The significantly represented biological processes were primary metabolism, cell proliferation, and regulation of transcription. In cluster 2, a functional role was found for 69 (59%) of the transcripts. The most significant functional categories were transcription and development. Cluster 3 contained a group of downregulated genes associated with cell communication and immune response. Annotation was found for 86 (76%) of the genes in cluster 3. In addition, cluster 4 contained a number of genes whose protein products participate in signal transduction and response to stimulus. Moreover, the phosphorylation¨C and protein modification¨Crelated genes were downregulated. Cluster 4 contained 64 (70%) transcripts with known biological function.0 f% j+ f: F: ^- j% s2 k! u
5 |+ ^& Y0 q" J! a. u
In the SOM component plane, the most prominent finding was that known HSC markers CD133, CD34, and KIT had similar expression patterns and clustered into the same neuron. Interestingly, this neuron also contained the gene for SPINK2, expressed by 77-fold in microarray analysis. The markedly high expression of SPINK2 was confirmed by qRT-PCR (fold change 196). The role of SPINK2 is poorly understood but its expression is seen in human BM CD34  cells and testicle tissues (http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgNear).
' r  ]! l& }( _9 H2 X! V! C
) |1 l0 T& h0 D1 {, p& n) e" `CD133  Cell¨CEnriched Genes* `6 T' B1 B) j' J3 R- @8 N) }9 t

$ J2 ]1 x6 B2 _+ a- m' mAltogether, 22,764 (42%) of the 54,675 transcripts on the arrays were expressed in one or more of the CD133  samples. On each CD133  array, a similar number of transcripts was expressed with maximum variance of 0.8%. Upregulation was seen in 6178 (11%) transcripts in at least one CD133  sample. Each individual CD133  sample had a similar number of unique gene expressions. The common expression pattern for all four CD133  samples encompassed 2285 upregulated transcripts. Of these, 2034 (89%) transcripts were overexpressed at least twofold. The 2285 transcripts common for all CD133  samples included genes whose protein products participate in cell communication, development, response to endogenous stimulus, chromosome organization, and biogenesis. Also, genes associated with RNA processing and mRNA metabolism were significantly overexpressed. Annotated biological process was found for 1399 (61%) of the transcripts.
; v4 X/ Z3 a2 N7 E, h1 y
, q+ l0 f5 i, t% x+ ~$ V- ]* ?7 MThe expression of 257 transcripts was seen in CD133  samples only (Fig. 4A; supplemental online Table 3). These transcripts were absent in CD133¨C samples. Annotation was found for 155 (60%) transcripts. The most significantly represented biological processes among this set were DNA metabolism, cell proliferation, and regulation of transcription (Fig. 4B; Table 1). The transcripts expressed in CD133  cells contained only 32 genes encoding potential integral membrane proteins that may serve as markers for HSCs (supplemental online Table 4). In addition, the 257 transcripts common for CD133  samples were ranked using a gene prioritization method. The gene coding for transmembrane protein LAPTM4B, overexpressed by 26-fold, got the highest weight value in prioritization.7 e$ v! k8 H) Y( w9 W' m) G

% w: ?( O* u* XFigure 4. Common transcripts expressed in CD133  cells. (A): Schematic representation of intersections and differences in CD133  cells. Only transcripts expressed in CD133  cells but absent in CD133¨C cells were included. (B): Categorization of common genes expressed in CD133  cells based on Gene Ontology annotation.
$ \$ G2 w& b9 I3 n; t+ T9 e
! H- H0 g" ~2 G$ Z6 GTable 1. The genes representing the most significant biological processes in CD133  cells
5 W/ ~* h' e" q4 C( j: v/ G9 Z/ g
Cell Cycle* M5 J% N, Z4 V3 @. o
* D' D( s5 N, E+ O, Z- H& h" w/ G
The expression data were surveyed to establish the cell cycle state of CD133  cells. The expression of GATA2 (fold change, 7.0) and N-MYC (fold change, 15) that keep the HSCs in undifferentiated state was significantly elevated in CD133  cells . The downregulation of these genes would initiate the cell cycle. DST (fold change, 5.3) and PLAGL1 (fold change, 9.1), which support cell cycle arrest, were upregulated as well. A cell cycle inhibitor and negative regulator of proliferation, NME1, was overexpressed in CD133  cells by 3.7-fold.
, s; Y! I/ ~9 C  v# f/ h
& S' `0 L+ q* EMost of the CB-derived HSCs have been shown to be in G0 . However, factors promoting the G1 phase, such as CDK6 (fold change, 10) and BCAT1 (fold change, 19), were overexpressed along with CDK4 (fold change, 3.9), which acts in the G1/S transition. The negative regulator of CDK4 and CDK6, p18, was underexpressed by 5.1-fold. Moreover, the overexpression of BMI-1 was observed by 2.8-fold. BMI-1 enhances the cell cycle by inhibiting p16, the negative regulator of the cell cycle. As expected, p16 was not expressed in CD133  cells.4 |8 _2 a3 [: V

& ^" Y5 |3 Z: hThe S phase was demonstrated by high expression of genes encoding minichromosome maintenance proteins crucial in DNA replication. Known S-phase inducers MCM2 (fold change, 3.1), MCM5 (fold change, 4.2), MCM6 (fold change 2.5), and MCM7 (fold change, 2.8) were upregulated. Interestingly, CDK2AP1, a suppressor of DNA replication, was overexpressed by fourfold and CDKN2D, needed in S phase, was underexpressed by 20-fold. However, the low expression of CDKN2D refers to G1 phase . Genes associated with mitosis, such as SKB1, STAG1, ANAPC7, and MPHOSPH9, were overexpressed by 2.6-fold, 1.6-fold, 2.6-fold, and 3.1-fold, respectively. These data suggest that a portion of CD133  cells are cycling.
/ D& n2 h$ B% n: E6 T8 J
) R4 n4 f1 ~* H! j1 _( dHematopoiesis6 b9 V( R' K8 c" \- E
3 x. t) a- w8 T) c( a
The expression of genes associated with self-renewal and differentiation was studied to unravel the hematopoietic state of CD133  cells. Several HSC-associated genes were overexpressed: CD133 by 60-fold, CD34 by 13-fold, KIT by 26-fold, TIE by 3.2-fold, SCA-1 by 2.1-fold, MEIS1 by 10-fold, and ANGPT1 by 12-fold. Genes supporting self-renewal, such as GATA2, MPLV, STAT5A, and TCF7L2, were upregulated by 7.0-fold, 12-fold, 1.9-fold, and 3.3-fold, respectively. Hox genes, thought to be involved in HSC regulation, were also highly upregulated. The expression of HOXA9 (fold change, 130) induces stem cell expansion, and HOXA5 (fold change, 10) and HOXA10 (fold change, 3.7) are specific to the long-term repopulating population of HSCs . The overexpression of C17, a gene coding for an extracellular molecule with signal transduction activity, was 15-fold.4 N" @8 ~, X) W1 ^, f/ m8 T, Y0 K
% J! v+ R) y. c# a) ^# _
AML1, overexpressed by 2.5-fold in CD133  cells, may also support HSC self-renewal although it has been characterized as an early differentiation marker of the myeloid lineage. The other early myeloid differentiation gene, PU.1, was absent. GATA1, which affects erythropoiesis, and PAX5, which promotes B-precursor development, were both absent. No change in expression of GFI1 leading to T-lymphoid differentiation was detected. NFE2, required for HSCs determination to mega-karyocyte and erythrocyte lineage, was downregulated.6 M5 {( y. h7 z$ q6 c; q

7 R; X+ _4 h* C7 a5 \% dThe expression of lineage-determination markers glycophorin-A, CD38, CD7, CD33, CD56, CD16, CD3, or CD2 was undetected in CD133  cells. The expression of CD45 was seen in CD133  cells, but it was downregulated. The CD45 antigen is abundant in lymphoid cells, covering approximately 10% of the cell surface. The gene expression results suggest a naive state for the CD133  cell population, containing long-term and short-term repopulating HSCs as well as early progenitors with myeloid and lymphoid lineage potential.3 u* v5 r8 A' X; ^6 C& K7 m
: l& a" N# p, l) |; X
CFU assay was used to identify primitive hematopoietic cells from CD133 , CD133¨C, and MNC fractions by stimulating them to express their developmental potential (supplementary online Table 5). Total CFU (CFU-TOT) number was determined as the sum of granulocyte-erythroid-macrophage-megakaryocyte (CFU-GEMM), granulocyte-macrophage (CFU-GM), erythroid (CFU-E), and burst-forming erythroid (BFU-E) colonies (Fig. 5). CFU-TOT counts were 80, 0.58, and 1.09 per 1000 cells for CD133 , CD133¨C, and MNC populations, respectively. The highest proportion of CD133  cells formed CFU-GM colonies (58%) and CFU-GEMM colonies (38%). BFU-E represented 4.2% of the colonies, yet CFU-E colonies were not observed. Taken together, CD133  is a valid selection marker for HSC enrichment. The clonogenic progenitor capacity of CD133  cells demonstrates that they are highly noncommitted and hold the potential to differentiate into all cells in the hematopoietic system.$ ?3 y1 f; X, W1 M

4 F4 Y5 p' t$ B/ w; ]1 Y  ?7 x6 LFigure 5. Clonogenic progenitor cell capacity of CD133 , CD133¨C, and MNC populations. Abbreviations: CFU, colony-forming unit; MNC, mononuclear cell.
- K8 R5 d% d. b; Q
. z5 e2 v/ E& Q+ {: u1 S$ I) TDISCUSSION
, ]6 x2 A& b/ ?& P; u2 g
8 k8 ~! j/ T1 r; d. F" NThe gene expression profile of human HSCs, especially CD34  cells, has been reported from various sources . In all, 690 transcripts were found to be differentially expressed between CD133  and CD133¨C cells. Among these were many genes encoding known stem cell markers and genes coding for hematopoietic regulators. The genes encoding mature hematopoietic markers were not expressed in CD133  cells, whereas their expression was detected in CD133¨C cells.% Q: E3 h0 p" g

8 @8 E( g/ Y! }6 O9 l9 G; K9 I6 k# K; |Hierarchical cluster analysis presented a set of 537 transcripts with differential expression between CD133  and CD133¨C cells. The expression pattern of these transcripts was similar within all CD133  and CD133¨C samples, and the level of expression was uniform. Some transcripts showed variation in their expression level between biological replicates even though the direction of change was the same. The variance of expression level in CB-derived HSCs is known to be higher than in HSCs from other sources . The higher individual variance may be explained by the unique birth event in each case.
4 S$ }4 N8 z/ K0 N+ _6 l, |
( w3 h. V6 S0 \) s( MSOM clustering demonstrated that the biological processes associated with upregulated or downregulated genes were divergent. SOM clustering segregated genes into separate neurons, providing sets of genes with a similar gene expression pattern. The genes associated with cell growth and maintenance, transcriptional activity, and cell cycle were significantly overexpressed in CD133  cells. The emphasized activity of these biological processes is known to be representative of hematopoietic progenitor cells . In contrast, the CD133¨C cell fraction displayed a significantly elevated number of genes whose protein products participate in immune response and reaction to stimulus, corresponding to the expression pattern of mature blood cells.
8 C; v# c: z7 c- k, y$ X3 ]* e) h' D4 @' x/ P4 T
SOM analysis was performed on the 690 differentially expressed genes. It revealed that SPINK2 had a similar expression pattern with known HSC markers CD133, CD34, and KIT. The increased expression of SPINK2 has recently been described in CB-derived CD34  CD133  cells .
/ G9 k$ A' c# a$ L- B1 l9 z- I: f" g7 y7 ^5 N; Y/ W; r% U/ n
In this study, the main focus of the expression analysis was on genes related to cell cycle and hematopoiesis. A number of differentially expressed genes involved in these processes were identified in CD133  cells. According to the literature, most of the CD133  cells reside in the G0/G1 state of the cell cycle . However, certain enhancers of cell cycle and S-phase inducers were upregulated in CD133  cells, suggesting that a portion of these cells may be cycling. Genes supporting self-renewal and differentiation arrest were highly expressed in CD133  cells. The expression pattern of CD133  cells alludes to proliferation activity.
: T5 B' T; h* I
3 Q0 U9 \( }5 L4 C; v1 ~& w# u2 mFurthermore, the expression of genes encoding cell adhesion molecules related to functionally important processes in HSC migration and homing was examined. Among the 690 differentially expressed genes, 11 that encode adhesion molecules were upregulated in CD133  cells. The overexpression of these genes (CD34, IL-18, JUP, DST, COL5A1, TRO, DSG2, ITGA9, SEPP1, PKD2, and VAV3) is also associated with cell cycle arrest and response to external stress. The 16 downregulated genes associated with cell adhesion encoded known mature cell markers, such as CD2 and CD36. Several genes encoding chemokines and integrins were downregulated. The low or undetectable expression of genes associated with migration probably relates to CB as the source of the CD133  cells, as the CB microenvironment differs from that of BM. The engraftment potential of CB-derived HSCs is known to be delayed compared with other sources of HSCs .
+ T! v  o! S3 a4 A" z- H0 p) S1 G+ z& j1 @, m
A set of 257 transcripts, expressed solely in CD133  cells, was found. This set encompassed several genes coding for putative integral membrane proteins. The expression and localization of these proteins cannot be deduced from the present data and are a subject of further investigations. Of the common genes expressed in CD133  cells, LAPTM4B got the highest weight value in gene prioritization. The overexpression of LAPTM4B has been detected in mouse and human ESCs, HSCs, and neuronal stem cells by several independent studies . For 125 of the 257 transcripts, a biological function could not be found. These novel genes may serve as the basis for further studies on HSC regulation./ ?; R& C5 `7 }5 C

9 _8 R# `+ d, d$ uWhen comparing the expression data of CD133  cells with published data on HSCs from CB, the highest similarity was seen with CD34  CD133  cells . Comparison of different cell populations, based on published data, is troublesome due to differences in the cell populations, platforms, and preprocessing methods used. Furthermore, the nomenclature of genes is inconstant. To find true overlap between different data sets, unprocessed data should be used.4 j( Q9 |1 o: n1 u  R: |6 z/ g
* a( J5 d) c. p% ?; [
Table 2. Common genes between the present study and published data on cord blood¨Cderived hematopoietic stem cells
3 e* k" H! n' S( W+ u8 l. c) W0 ]% P5 d9 r! L
This study provides a global gene expression profile for human CB-derived CD133  cells. The clonogenic progenitor activity of CD133  cells was demonstrated, showing that the CD133  cell fraction is an excellent source of HSCs. The gene expression profile of CD133  cells may be used to study the pathogenesis of hematological disorders and development of malignancies. An improved understanding of CD133  cells furthers their potential in therapeutic applications. This study provides additional information regarding previous HSC gene expression analyses. Combining all published data would bring the scientific community closer to unraveling the riddle of HSCs./ Q" }/ Y+ \5 h& P/ ~4 P

5 i& q) Z. O! o! Z) o' p7 sDISCLOSURES2 n+ V. R% {( j$ ~4 x% n

7 F7 W6 H, `( k3 j$ P3 G5 lThe authors indicate no potential conflicts of interest.
- `7 `! {$ E/ I% z2 ^8 N. k% m
  s  q3 L: c# D7 IACKNOWLEDGMENTS( S6 A" G6 g+ p1 [6 s
2 B: W1 b' n7 L
We thank the staff of the Finnish Red Cross Blood Service Cord Blood Bank. We also acknowledge Miina Miller for technical help with microarray analysis and Sirkka Mannelin for help with CFU assay. Tuija Kekarainen is acknowledged for help with flow cy-tometry analysis and for valuable comments on the manuscript.
9 Y* k2 J( u- Z1 }          【参考文献】
% |+ K& D. N* r3 [. p ( O" K0 B# J0 c0 s( i4 L  O
/ `$ P8 g% h+ g7 w
Bielorai B, Trakhtenbrot L, Amariglio N et al. Multilineage hematopoietic engraftment after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation without conditioning in SCID patients. Bone Marrow Transplant 2004;34:317¨C320.4 C7 f1 q; j3 p" r6 E5 ]& T' P
  l4 f8 F8 h1 _1 Y) k4 Q- u" n
Gratwohl A, Passweg J, Bocelli-Tyndall C et al. Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases. Bone Marrow Transplant 2005;35:869¨C879.; r) J: i8 E8 {2 B) x1 B

3 i' k  T1 I+ B3 f, w* B9 W9 SGrigull L, Beilken A, Schrappe M et al. Transplantation of allogeneic CD34-selected stem cells after fludarabine-based conditioning regimen for children with mucopolysaccharidosis 1H (M. Hurler). Bone Marrow Transplant 2005;35:265¨C269.
+ ~% r2 s; x; R6 D  B
6 u! c* r( V$ k+ I! X$ f; mLang P, Handgretinger R, Niethammer D et al. Transplantation of highly purified CD34  progenitor cells from unrelated donors in pediatric leukemia. Blood 2003;101:1630¨C1636.
1 X0 M6 c6 i6 d, k+ \, y7 L+ g# c+ U! `, I3 H' c- f
Handgretinger R, Schumm M, Lang P et al. Transplantation of mega-doses of purified haploidentical stem cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1999; 872:351¨C361.$ Q+ X9 Q& A7 G% I. O
, n+ N7 Q' K, O; H
Mavroudis D, Read E, Cottler-Fox M et al. CD34  cell dose predicts survival, posttransplant morbidity, and rate of hematologic recovery after allogeneic marrow transplants for hematologic malignancies. Blood 1996;88:3223¨C3229.% j9 R/ Q7 m& ~! A6 S
- h0 Q% k4 T2 ^3 ?/ z2 W6 M0 d
Migliaccio AR, Adamson JW, Stevens CE et al. Cell dose and speed of engraftment in placental/umbilical cord blood transplantation: graft progenitor cell content is a better predictor than nucleated cell quantity. Blood 2000;96:2717¨C2722.2 G% r& T1 f4 l4 x- R( d1 O1 P8 w( B
3 ^9 k( S4 a& S' E, P! U$ Z3 g
Ng YY, van Kessel B, Lokhorst HM et al. Gene-expression profiling of CD34  cells from various hematopoietic stem-cell sources reveals functional differences in stem-cell activity. J Leukoc Biol 2004;75:314¨C323.
1 r/ N4 p( E) B1 o& X5 @$ E
1 R' ^4 u) q! SGeorgantas RW III, Tanadve V, Malehorn M et al. Microarray and serial analysis of gene expression analyses identify known and novel transcripts overexpressed in hematopoietic stem cells. Cancer Res 2004;64: 4434¨C4441.
7 C! {2 T6 u7 }" K, @6 v8 U
, v; E! f# @0 v1 ?% ~Steidl U, Kronenwett R, Rohr UP et al. Gene expression profiling identifies significant differences between the molecular phenotypes of bone marrow-derived and circulating human CD34  hematopoietic stem cells. Blood 2002;99:2037¨C2044.
% ^3 T/ @8 H  t, g: c) a8 J' N+ p* `7 r
Traggiai E, Chicha L, Mazzucchelli L et al. Development of a human adaptive immune system in cord blood cell-transplanted mice. Science 2004;304:104¨C107.
8 d- y. d" {) V4 K& c9 v+ u
' c2 b* Q# E& [5 Fde Wynter EA, Buck D, Hart C et al. CD34  AC133  cells isolated from cord blood are highly enriched in long-term culture-initiating cells, NOD/SCID-repopulating cells and dendritic cell progenitors. STEM CELLS 1998;16:387¨C396.1 V2 `: i1 d  G. o. @! U5 M$ V
* P, W3 ~$ y- [  Q3 e" O
Gallacher L, Murdoch B, Wu DM et al. Isolation and characterization of human CD34(¨C)Lin(¨C) and CD34( )Lin(¨C) hematopoietic stem cells using cell surface markers AC133 and CD7. Blood 2000;95:2813¨C2820.& @% W* Y) k. o$ q# @

' A7 X9 Y. \/ J7 q* T9 EHilbe W, Dirnhofer S, Oberwasserlechner F et al. CD133 positive endothelial progenitor cells contribute to the tumour vasculature in non-small cell lung cancer. J Clin Pathol 2004;57:965¨C969.4 V5 p$ ~$ ~' i
/ k) p8 V- r1 [/ ^+ W
Singh SK, Hawkins C, Clarke ID et al. Identification of human brain tumour initiating cells. Nature 2004;432:396¨C401.
9 [# l: E' c! z* M# c, L% X0 f3 [# Q9 m$ @. m; j) m3 H
Baal N, Reisinger K, Jahr H et al. Expression of transcription factor Oct-4 and other embryonic genes in CD133 positive cells from human umbilical cord blood. Thromb Haemost 2004;92:767¨C775.& u2 B* W) F+ t
) ?# O  v$ {/ ~  D8 u
Eisen MB, Spellman PT, Brown PO et al. Cluster analysis and display of genome-wide expression patterns. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1998;95: 14863¨C14868.5 R- m) U" j/ E8 w
) P# I. L. P: X
Hautaniemi S, Yli-Harja O, Astola J et al. Analysis and visualization of gene expression microarray data in human cancer using self-organizing maps. Machine Learning 2003;52:45¨C66.
* _) {1 V$ D$ _+ w; k" E6 t. i- _* t) Y1 Z( ]7 n$ Z- r$ f
Vesanto J, Himberg J, Alhoniemi E et al. SOM Toolbox for Matlab 5, Technical Report A57. Helsinki, Finland: Helsinki University of Technology; 2000.; y$ N: S3 V/ q7 H0 {

( u4 w3 W: y8 }  a( |+ uKauraniemi P, Hautaniemi S, Autio R et al. Effects of Herceptin treatment on global gene expression patterns in HER2-amplified and nonamplified breast cancer cell lines. Oncogene 2004;23:1010¨C1013.. s/ f2 ^  T8 o9 o- l4 q. k

5 c( D8 P$ U" R( S) X# \; wGolub TR, Slonim DK, Tamayo P et al. Molecular classification of cancer: class discovery and class prediction by gene expression monitoring. Science 1999;286:531¨C537.
. a* I, k+ C( d9 F. v( B% y
2 E$ U2 [5 [, `9 DBriegel K, Lim KC, Plank C et al. Ectopic expression of a conditional GATA-2/estrogen receptor chimera arrests erythroid differentiation in a hormone-dependent manner. Genes Dev 1993;7:1097¨C1109.
/ f1 l$ `  N- b) f5 Q& W3 }. V/ H) B, K9 L) Q& i
Stanton BR, Parada LF. The N-myc proto-oncogene: developmental expression and in vivo site-directed mutagenesis. Brain Pathol 1992;2: 71¨C83.* F9 ?! s' ]' n0 H
( H5 d6 d0 W" c  m1 d: j
Lucotti C, Malabarba L, Rosti V et al. Cell cycle distribution of cord blood-derived haematopoietic progenitor cells and their recruitment into the S-phase of the cell cycle. Br J Haematol 2000;108:621¨C628.
8 F6 H/ u. m2 r+ S/ l' J
1 G1 o3 A( Z* n, g& V" bOkuda T, Hirai H, Valentine VA et al. Molecular cloning, expression pattern, and chromosomal localization of human CDKN2D/INK4d, an inhibitor of cyclin D-dependent kinases. Genomics 1995;29:623¨C630.
. M1 K4 Q- n/ ?+ z- [" k% c  o. W* \4 U5 B8 X8 @( a' f( v
Hershko A, Ganoth D, Pehrson J et al. Methylated ubiquitin inhibits cyclin degradation in clam embryo extracts. J Biol Chem 1991;266: 16376¨C16379.
( T7 j1 `. ^0 J+ h4 H$ f( r* _  a" \) c
Ivanova NB, Dimos JT, Schaniel C et al. A stem cell molecular signature. Science 2002;298:601¨C604.& @/ Q, q+ s9 e* I, N

* ]9 G1 L) V* U% B: ]Thorsteinsdottir U, Mamo A, Kroon E et al. Overexpression of the myeloid leukemia-associated Hoxa9 gene in bone marrow cells induces stem cell expansion. Blood 2002;99:121¨C129.6 B2 q' ]1 L9 [& j

- m& K% p0 d; y4 ?; S, \" `, DBaldus CD, Tanner SM, Kusewitt DF et al. BAALC, a novel marker of human hematopoietic progenitor cells. Exp Hematol 2003;31: 1051¨C1056.! T* _0 X8 b2 ?( }$ g2 f! y+ ~* R

- @+ J( i3 h2 S( X3 mTanner SM, Austin JL, Leone G et al. BAALC, the human member of a novel mammalian neuroectoderm gene lineage, is implicated in hematopoiesis and acute leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2001;98:13901¨C13906.# q( h$ Q. J7 y4 A

# E: d7 b, i7 VLiu X, Rapp N, Deans R et al. Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of a candidate cytokine gene selectively expressed in human CD34  cells. Genomics 2000;65:283¨C292.
1 O# k$ o  u, W- [; q- o- ?& W# _; P( S: g. G% `
Wagner W, Ansorge A, Wirkner U et al. Molecular evidence for stem cell function of the slow-dividing fraction among human hematopoietic progenitor cells by genome-wide analysis. Blood 2004;104:675¨C686." o& l1 I0 ~9 @1 {! E

9 Y9 U4 i- s' Q" v/ x# [3 fZhou G, Chen J, Lee S et al. The pattern of gene expression in human CD34( ) stem/progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2001;98: 13966¨C13971.
# L$ Q1 P1 j8 R3 {7 H
6 P3 X; _, R! \9 h2 u. Y1 I* w' j2 WShojaei F, Gallacher L, Bhatia M. Differential gene expression of human stem progenitor cells derived from early stages of in utero human hematopoiesis. Blood 2004;103:2530¨C2540." \9 p+ N. k% O( i) }% o8 c/ C- Z# X
+ C; M/ t% {7 @3 Z, F- b+ Q
Akashi K, He X, Chen J et al. Transcriptional accessibility for genes of multiple tissues and hematopoietic lineages is hierarchically controlled during early hematopoiesis. Blood 2003;101:383¨C389.
: B/ o9 {: e' o: b( e- v( E
/ C! Z2 [4 i0 `/ XTerskikh AV, Miyamoto T, Chang C et al. Gene expression analysis of purified hematopoietic stem cells and committed progenitors. Blood 2003;102:94¨C101.
9 U+ a$ X9 U# s( b5 L; R8 n
9 s' A  l9 `9 k8 [. C$ o( M- ]! oHe X, Gonzalez V, Tsang A et al. Differential gene expression profiling of CD34  CD133  umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem progenitor cells. Stem Cells Dev 2005;14:188¨C198.
- E! ^% q' l1 x* }+ G" d
$ ^9 d0 N7 ?; l/ i3 V. S. ]3 J1 JRockett JC, Patrizio P, Schmid JE et al. Gene expression patterns associated with infertility in humans and rodent models. Mutat Res 2004;549:225¨C240.' A* Z6 L# }* w

0 U1 [9 ]) x3 ~) FFargeas CA, Joester A, Missol-Kolka E et al. Identification of novel Prominin-1/CD133 splice variants with alternative C-termini and their expression in epididymis and testis. J Cell Sci 2004;117:4301¨C4311.
, G# y) i: I# a$ y" D& E; e# k7 g9 D" [7 L  B  m$ R" s- v! M
Grskovic B, Ruzicka K, Karimi A et al. Cell cycle analysis of the CD133  and CD133¨C cells isolated from umbilical cord blood. Clin Chim Acta 2004;343:173¨C178., b' U' b" E* }* ~$ F+ `
0 x6 y2 A# I" `, B
Summers YJ, Heyworth CM, de Wynter EA et al. AC133  G0 cells from cord blood show a high incidence of long-term culture-initiating cells and a capacity for more than 100 million-fold amplification of colony-forming cells in vitro. STEM CELLS 2004;22:704¨C715.2 E# Q% s8 s8 N! H3 r5 g  D% @/ Y0 {% F

# E. r, l/ Z- g: e- n- @6 HRocha V, Wagner JE Jr, Sobocinski KA et al. Graft-versus-host disease in children who have received a cord-blood or bone marrow transplant from an HLA-identical sibling. Eurocord and International Bone Marrow Transplant Registry Working Committee on Alternative Donor and Stem Cell Sources. N Engl J Med 2000;342:1846¨C1854.+ Y$ L% r2 {% d+ h- d1 m

" k4 J: u! v( v) e2 [$ pPeled A, Kollet O, Ponomaryov T et al. The chemokine SDF-1 activates the integrins LFA-1, VLA-4, and VLA-5 on immature human CD34( ) cells: role in transendothelial/stromal migration and engraftment of NOD/SCID mice. Blood 2000;95:3289¨C3296.: G1 {+ ]  W4 A7 ~  z0 v- E) _: Q

7 x- t$ @1 \% |8 e" hFrassoni F, Podesta M, Maccario R et al. Cord blood transplantation provides better reconstitution of hematopoietic reservoir compared with bone marrow transplantation. Blood 2003;102:1138¨C1141.
1 f  S4 U* n- ^! t  b& q8 m
7 ~4 k3 v8 ^5 PAbeyta MJ, Clark AT, Rodriguez RT et al. Unique gene expression signatures of independently-derived human embryonic stem cell lines. Hum Mol Genet 2004;13:601¨C608.! F: R2 g4 u4 N8 S9 v3 R# [

! C5 K% _6 ]# IRamalho-Santos M, Yoon S, Matsuzaki Y et al. "Stemness": Transcriptional profiling of embryonic and adult stem cells. Science 2002;298: 597¨C600./ M9 v& V% Z; y  |) R& P
% |+ S% [- e: w" m
Liu XR, Zhou RL, Zhang QY et al. Structure analysis and expressions of a novel tetratransmembrane protein, lysosoma-associated protein trans-membrane 4 beta associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 2004;10:1555¨C1559.) ~' W! r( G+ q# P- b
  v4 X9 s7 _' p. o3 x2 M
Shimamoto A, Kitao S, Ichikawa K et al. A unique human gene that spans over 230 kb in the human chromosome 8p11¨C12 and codes multiple family proteins sharing RNA-binding motifs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1996;93:10913¨C10917.
6 T# a3 C+ |/ n1 g/ ]. _7 h5 J* D& Z8 z
Bhattacharya B, Miura T, Brandenberger R et al. Gene expression in human embryonic stem cell lines: Unique molecular signature. Blood 2004;103:2956¨C2964.
8 `- m1 x: B4 J2 A6 p0 x& l1 k- c7 V+ h2 h; m
Richards M, Tan SP, Tan JH et al. The transcriptome profile of human embryonic stem cells as defined by SAGE. STEM CELLS 2004;22:51¨C64.
  u* C5 @. }$ N" C: I3 N
; b& y! r9 q" K" Y7 H: bSperger JM, Chen X, Draper JS et al. Gene expression patterns in human embryonic stem cells and human pluripotent germ cell tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003;100:13350¨C13355.
. U: g2 Q* x8 M, U: k- l! a. J3 Y$ s& ?
Sato N, Sanjuan IM, Heke M et al. Molecular signature of human embryonic stem cells and its comparison with the mouse. Dev Biol 2003;260:404¨C413.
8 H2 d3 h& O# b& M4 e+ C8 k  M! `0 ^4 ?
Tanaka TS, Kunath T, Kimber WL et al. Gene expression profiling of embryo-derived stem cells reveals candidate genes associated with pluripotency and lineage specificity. Genome Res 2002;12:1921¨C1928.

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2015-6-16 21:08 |只看该作者
你还想说什么啊....  

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2015-6-20 20:32 |只看该作者
应该加分