积分
威望
包包

美女研究员 优秀版主

楼主
发表于 2010-8-10 18:56 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 linxingxing 于 2010-8-10 19:42 编辑
* w/ k0 t; u* Q4 W* ?; k, }. C
& X% i4 ]* k. bDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?
' W# `- w% T* J; \% V- N2 sNowadays each group member get same grade, is it good method to evaluate students?6 _( H+ Q1 r8 n5 |2 V

( x9 M& D3 N) X2 V2 [7 a; D: [: M3 b参与方式:8 `$ [5 }3 K, Z, x4 a/ r  V" o
【批改XXX】xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  E) j+ W6 Q5 X  R3 ]. G- E
【提纲】xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5 o( u: j& \9 x6 q
【习作】xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

积分
威望
包包

美女研究员 优秀版主

沙发
发表于 2010-8-11 23:42 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 linxingxing 于 2010-8-13 21:55 编辑
7 Z' k3 K" j9 \6 h
" f& B  [) d' c- \6 D$ E5 n$ C【提纲】$ d/ y$ [5 |3 F$ @1 v& S( ?9 d. B
1 反对者反对的原因-每个人付出的不同,得到相同的分数,让人失去积极性
+ n1 ~- ?# }* n" J( A: s2 然而团队合作和相同的分数是可以促进社交。
. W2 g) ]8 o8 z0 o% \6 U: P3 另外团队合作和相同的分数可以更好的完成题目。
9 E$ M  R( V: t3 t
7 q9 d) l! U9 z: B8 \3 k9 SAnna, one of my best friends, always blames why professors give the same grades to all the members of the team while grading the group-assignment having a huge number of supporters, while some others claim that they like doing team work and having the same score for every team member. Contrary to both of their standpoints is my heartfelt agreement that so complex is the issue which cannot be known exactly without any analysis in a dialectic perspective.4 k) b- h1 U. ^! S# [8 r$ k
! T2 z: }! j0 N4 J) L( V
Primarily, there are always some cry babies who always condemn the unfair to gain same grade in a team. Students do have different performances in while in the team work. As Anna said that there are always someone used to escape from the work and wait for others to help to do their work. What a rediculous result, they all gained the same grade at the end, even if they had different performances. In turn, the diligent students don't like co-works any longer, while the lazy ones used to do nothing but wait for high marks. If this phenomenon last long, the team work education will step into the cycle of progressive decay. Therefore, is it necessary to have team work and let all the team members have the same grade?
; n  S8 k: F0 d& ?- s  x4 ?6 c5 l9 c5 f8 U
However, the same grade for all coworkers seems somewhat uncharming, it does urge the students to socialize. If the students know the goal of team work, they will not cry any more.  And the most significant aim of team work and same score for every team member is making students more socialized. Most students blame that they do not have chance to practice socialization which is the critical thing for their future job. Nevertheless less of them find that to finish the assignment with other students is the good way to realize the social practice. They can learn how to communicate with others. How to endure the different ideas, how to propose their own opinion and how to compromise are all the things which they can learn during the team work. And they have not notice that the same mark for everyone in the team is to encourage them to cooperate and to socialize. And the better socialize can make them all participate in the team work which is the best way to address the problem that someone does nothing but wait for others finish the whole work. Thereby if students realize that the grade is for how are they socialized, maybe they will be much happier to do team work and receive the same mark with other team members.: ]3 u* @  P9 p. G; B) o0 F

! n9 b. L5 @2 ]$ x9 ~Furthermore, it is good way for them to do the assignment better, if they do team work and get the same score. As we all know, talking with other students who have different ideas will broaden the horizon. And during the discussion, all the team members will make sure whether they understand the knowledge indeed. Such as Jane, my roommate-who loves to do team work and the same grade, told me that she always learn a lot when they discuss the topics. In order to get high mark together, they have to work together at the very beginning. And after the first touch, they began to like team work. She could understand the knowledge in different aspects which she did think before. And the well team works always make the work be done quickly. After the discussion, they separated the whole work into several parts for each team member. And then they put the pieces together and discuss again to make the work looks better. At the end of the work, everyone could satisfy with their works, the grade they have gained and the knowledge they have learnt. And as Jane said, it is the better way to study in a team. Consequently, students will learn more and finish the work better in a team in order to get the high mark together." H! r4 F- e  }7 o

/ J6 a( C; _+ W% S- C2 l# R1 {All in all, although, there are some negative effects of having same score for all team members, if the students understand the goal of team work is to practice socialization and better team work can develop a better grade together with others, they will positive to do the team work and be happy to get the same mark. Thus the same score for all team members does much better things than negative ones.

积分
威望
包包
藤椅
发表于 2010-8-12 02:28 |只看该作者
本帖最后由 栩栩 于 2010-8-12 02:29 编辑
6 ~1 O0 \) z) f" J, R! g3 |* q2 Y4 o8 g
【提纲】5段式
% x& X3 D- [& Y4 W) l2 n, ?2 s1.反对
- G( [: t7 A$ m% k4 v' m; f2.对勤奋认真的成员不公平,感觉不到被鼓励" y1 ~9 w( p* @9 y: t* h
3.得分一样会使学生失去追求知识的热情,学生希望被当成不同的个体对待' u, u0 E) G* Y3 V- T
4.相同的得分使学生不能正确定位自己的真实水平 (讲故事)
" X2 o9 [, m2 Z7 J& D8 j& H5.总结观点% `0 }2 E% p8 i2 T# o
$ y0 S! z4 E! o1 [, I0 m- Y3 M2 k% K
$ v  i, @0 V- P/ Q, J) w
Nowadays, students have more opportunities to participate in group-work and they often get same grade as students in a group are treated as a whole. It lightens teachers’ burden while also causes some problems. Given the same grade, students can not figure out the precise academic level of themselves. Thus, I believe that it is not a good method to evaluate students that each group member gets same grade.
6 V& X* r" j' t3 R! g! [( M& z0 F9 c' y3 _9 {+ N, X
First, it is not quite fair to give the same grade to each member in a group. The excellent members in a group will feel unfair because it is possible to say that they contribute more to the team. For instance, in a study group, there must be some students who are relatively more active while others are not. If they are trying to accomplish a paper, the active ones usually do more works such as searching for references, collecting useful imfirmation and offering their personal opinions. However, when the work is done, everyone in this group gets the same grade, which is obviously not fair. In addition, students will not work hard when having the feeling of unfairness, because their grade makes no difference with others who has done less work than them.
' l$ B+ K3 [( a6 _+ ?3 }9 B9 K) H. M
Second, given the same grade, students will not be so passionate to pursue knowledge. Students can not feel that they are inspired by teachers. No matter how many books they have read or how much useful materials they have collected, they can not get higher grade. Thus they will lose interest in learning new knowledge. Furthermore, students want to be treated as different individuals, not a whole group. They have different personalities and ways of thinking. Given the same grade, they will feel that they are not fully respected.; _9 W9 L& y$ r' x$ U* @$ A6 [4 W
3 u+ w- ]6 i/ p' P; r+ ~9 d% Q' q
Third, given the same grade, students could not figure out the precise academic level of themselves. For example, my close friend, Jason, majored in biology in college. He had to participate in the group study organized by his tutor during college. Jason worked hard every time, but couldn’t get high grade because other students in his group were not as diligent as him. When he applied for a Master’s Degree, he did not choose the best university in his interested field which he could have entered because he got a wrong self-evaluation. If Jason could get a deserved grade, he could have got the best opportunity to be further educated.' @! ?1 L& U* h/ r* _
6 `% b  c# h5 f* L  {4 U/ ?
In my opinion, it is an evident fact that each group member gets same grade is absolutely not a good way to evaluate students. It is not fair for those relatively diligent students to be given the same grade with others. Moreover, they may feel not fully respected by the tutor. Therefore, I hope that teacher can give every student the grade he deserves, which is a better method to evaluate students.
& }/ r; f3 n, g6 Z( ~1 x; Z! Z0 m
474 words

积分
威望
包包
板凳
发表于 2010-8-12 21:36 |只看该作者
干细胞之家微信公众号
In modern society, rather than accomplished by a single person, many works require a group of individuals of different backgrounds working together, forming scale effect to get the job done in the most time-saving and effective way. Though group working at school is an effective approach for students to obtain collaborating skills, its grading method, which is to mark each group students with same grade, is not as a sensible idea as it seems to be.
0 a; Q' D/ [/ `  h+ f
5 T9 f0 y/ ^% F0 v3 x  fWhile a group of students group working on a project , firstly they will sit together sharing their ideas until the best idea is taken. Unfortunately we have to admit that there exists distinction between the intelligence and sophistication levels of different people. In order to get higher group grade, a few elites’ ideas will be taken repeatedly, while in the meantime other students’ effort will be but in vain. In fact, every student has the same right to get their ideas up in light, but some students do not get their opportunity just for not being elite.7 \+ t' @) z8 T1 a# l! O
/ G& v9 U) D$ J# v1 I" ]
And for some students, especially those whose ideas were underestimated, may become less motivated and more likely to rely on other group members instead of committing themselves into the team-working, or at least getting their own hands on the project. This will be pretty much like the early 1960s, when the Chinese farmers were forced to work in the public field because the authorities thought massive collaboration would boost the agriculture outlet. To everyone’s surprise, during that time the red China suffered the most serious famine since its founding. People were reluctant go to work because of the lack of incentives, and even they work harder than anyone else in the collaborative he could not get extra food stamp(in the students’ case the grade). Public farmlands covered with weeds, millions starving.
2 k- T5 V# |& z- j& n: T' u  m; c6 n- x! O; e  b* X
     From the competitive perspective, I believe that a modification to the existing grading system of school group-work is necessary. A grading system without incentives to competition will eventually differentiate the students, making the smarters smarter, while at the same time the rest frustrated.
1 X" ~. t6 A( q9 t+ ^' ^" M4 U; S, _4 H& V. q- I! s. V

0 h  e7 H& |: A6 r& p328 words
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 14:52