包包

精华勋章 金话筒 优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2011-12-19 22:00 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
本帖最后由 kittybruce 于 2011-12-19 22:01 编辑 5 K2 L2 e9 @8 C+ U/ Z

+ q; D! ]/ [# F1 m' J一周多没网,抱歉这次拖得有点久: Y5 y3 Y9 a( p

4 U" A. g# ~; t* a, ^Voice from last issue:
! ~! X9 i2 s( a# w
0 M- s' P3 b4 p' O2 v3 s- X: @7 r"We found that a segment of chromosome 12 containing genes important for foetal development was abnormally shut off in most iPSCs. These findings indicate we need to keep improving the way we produce iPSCs and suggest the need for new reprogramming strategies."-- Konrad Hochedlinger, PhD, of the MGH-CRM and HSCI, who led the study.
# p! d% v3 s& b- i* z1 t8 }, q* S( C$ u2 W5 P
“The stem cell movement is similar to the way a person would act if asked to walk blindfolded down a hallway. They would feel for the walls. Because the long, parallel muscle fibers carry these ephrin proteins on their surface, ephrin might be helping satellite cells move in a straighter line towards a distant ‘mayday’ signal.”--D Cornelison, an associate professor of biological sciences in the College of Arts and Science and a researcher in the Bond Life Sciences Center.
3 Y6 C. Y; F" A: h1 S
* z6 G: _$ p& Q; K) A$ g# z$ w“One of the problems that we face in regenerative medicine – and there are many – is that numerous technologies that come out are too early for real commercialization, and we need this extra step of turning them into products.”--Peter Zandstra, a professor at the University of Toronto’s Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering and a Canada Research Chair in Stem Cell Bioengineering.) e0 S5 w9 W2 E$ ^! X6 ?
' I0 y) `: g6 v; S1 C
"It is critical to find out the characteristics that result in the highest quality pluripotent stem cell lines that we can make. It is possible that we have not set the bar high enough yet for embryonic stem cells or induced pluripotent stem cells. We now know that established lines are different from newly derived lines and now we have to find out how important that is."-- Amander Clark, an assistant professor of molecular, cell and developmental biology in Life Sciences of the Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research at UCLA.+ |$ S  Q8 O! s3 g' q7 w& e

5 w) F2 j' w( e! n% ]3 Q“We found that the adult heart stem cells have their origins not in the bone marrow, but in an early embryonic stem cell population that gives rise to the heart itself. This means that the functions of these adult heart stem cells are likely to be highly dedicated to that organ, and thus highly tuned to its regenerative processes.”--Professor Richard Harvey at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (VCCRI) and the University of New South Wales.
6 L  {3 z1 v( x% Y' w7 u1 c
8 y1 F# ]: k! t9 v8 L: f, p# i' }( C
This issue:
/ Y0 d8 Q3 e# `* b# S) a+ X
  k0 C7 a! [' o0 k8 I8 m+ a. b% I( n4 }

; _) d, v; _% n, H/ H" t0 TVideo news:" A  @. M- V- D3 d( G+ c
Scientists Continue Making Progress With Stem Cells7 O5 L" b. t  R+ D4 y
http://www.redorbit.com/news/vid ... _promise/index.html& |* a" v3 \! ~) m4 b8 b- e
, \! c2 Z, r+ [8 Y: P
Contemporary Art Center Hosts Stem Cell Awareness Event: {- u6 d) e. k# ]
http://www.centralillinoisnewsce ... vent-135389463.html
% h( y$ M1 D6 _( H. i' K8 B/ c+ ?" F9 k, v. D. G: Y( @
Stem Cell Cream Shows Benefits Similar to Collagen Injections
7 p$ V/ t: s  Uhttp://www.foxnews.com/health/20 ... ollagen-injections/4 `6 b2 e! I8 G

# b" v, [! X1 `. R! }5 f  c: i- B3 \/ ^- I6 l
Radio:
% W9 ~  o  c( X  h# d) ZPublic stem cell bank opens! }2 |3 Q  c+ S) D. F/ k+ Y5 [& ?4 b
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9656000/9656966.stm
附件: 你需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册
已有 2 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
tpwang + 20 + 20 极好资料
细胞海洋 + 30 + 50 原创内容

总评分: 威望 + 50  包包 + 70   查看全部评分

积分
威望
包包
沙发
发表于 2011-12-20 09:40 |只看该作者

积分
威望
包包

金话筒 优秀会员

藤椅
发表于 2011-12-20 15:11 |只看该作者
a segment of chromosome 12 containing genes important for foetal development was abnormally shut off in most iPSCs+ g% m& o' d: T4 @8 f/ _/ {% ~0 V
这个染色体很重要啊
‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:19