干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站

搜索
干细胞之家 - 中国干细胞行业门户第一站 干细胞之家论坛 干细胞行业新闻 欧洲最大的干细胞诊所在发生婴儿​​死亡后被 ...
朗日生物

免疫细胞治疗专区

欢迎关注干细胞微信公众号

查看: 17059|回复: 0
go

欧洲最大的干细胞诊所在发生婴儿​​死亡后被关闭. [复制链接]

积分
威望
包包

优秀会员

楼主
发表于 2011-5-9 18:04 |显示全部帖子 |倒序浏览 |打印
Europe's largest stem cell clinic shut down after death of baby0 o# y, k1 h" r% Y$ G- [
, Y" ?' C0 x6 h$ Q( I1 `( n
Europe's largest stem cell clinic, which is at the centre of a scandal over the death of a baby given an injection into the brain, has been shut down.
& W) k/ S1 J/ b3 }( F) V% u( m  s1 g6 |2 X5 v) E8 V# h) U
" m6 Z6 o# o9 _( t
XCell had exploited a loophole in German law allowing it to charge for experimental procedures 1 }" q- I1 c# j
8 M) t5 Z. V+ j! r5 p8 p
Robert Mendick and Allan Hall in Berlin 8:10AM BST 08 May 2011+ K+ t: h/ Y/ d

% x2 Q" g! H% v* `  }2 |/ m# fThe closure of the XCell-Center in Dusseldorf follows an undercover investigation by The Sunday Telegraph into its controversial practices, which attracted hundreds of patients from the UK. The clinic charged patients up to £20,000 for stem cell injections into the back and brain despite a lack of scientific proof that the treatments actually worked.( q0 q# Z% }' ~+ a7 J
4 ?% E& ~" x: v4 e) ^9 r8 o
Experts in stem cell research had accused the clinic of preying on vulnerable patients, desperately seeking a cure for such illnesses and diseases as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, autism, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, heart disease, diabetes and spinal cord injuries.
  M$ \1 c6 C8 Y, W* I4 m" M0 p$ z5 B
While most other European countries - as well as the US, Canada and Australia - have banned stem cell treatments unless shown to be safe and effective, XCell had exploited a loophole in German law allowing it to charge for the experimental procedures.
; ^' N# q) w+ \3 P9 M, q2 J5 u5 F1 b- L% O6 q0 F
But last week, the clinic suddenly announced it had ceased carrying out operations due to what it described as legal changes in Germany. In a posting on its website, XCell said last week: "Due to a new development in German law, stem cell therapy is currently not possible to perform at the XCell-Center. Regretfully for this reason, we must cancel your appointment until further notice. We will notify you for further updates about the matter."+ A; H8 r4 Y+ _- C3 m6 Q+ ?5 L' K

/ y0 j; x8 n6 n7 PThe clinic had come under increasing scrutiny following the death of an 18-month-old boy in August last year, in a case first revealed by The Sunday Telegraph. The child, who was from Romania, was injected in the brain with stem cells but suffered internal bleeding. Three months earlier, a boy aged 10 from Azerbaijan had almost died when the same procedure went wrong. The doctor who carried out the operation remains under criminal investigation.
8 M+ e- t" V7 @+ k( J: R4 @6 t, i% e
已有 1 人评分威望 包包 收起 理由
细胞海洋 + 2 + 10 极好资料

总评分: 威望 + 2  包包 + 10   查看全部评分

‹ 上一主题|下一主题
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册
验证问答 换一个

Archiver|干细胞之家 ( 吉ICP备2021004615号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 11:11